jueves, 12 de junio de 2014

Tabatha Coffey On Coming Out To Mom: 'It Didn't Go So Well' (May 16, 2013)


Tabatha Coffey says she went back in after coming out gay to her mother at 16 “didn't go so well.”

Appearing on cabler Current's Say Anything, Coffey, the 43-year-old star of Bravo's Tabatha Takes Over, told host Joy Behar that her mother owned transgender strip clubs in Australia.

Tabatha Coffey dice que cuando salio del armario a los 16 años "su madre no lo tomo bien"

Apareciendo en cabler del actual Say Anything, Coffey, de 43 años de edad, estrella de Tabatha Bravo asume el control, le dijo al anfitrión Joy Behar que su madre era dueña de los clubes de striptease transgénero en Australia.

“My mother paid for most of the girls to have their sex changes,” Coffey said.

She explained that the surgeries took place in Egypt.

“Less expensive and they did a nice job,” she said.

Despite her embrace of the transgender community, Coffey's mother did not approve of her daughter being a lesbian.


"Mi madre pago el cambio de sexo a las chicas ", dijo Coffey. 
Explicó que las cirugías se llevaron a cabo en Egipto.

"Menos costoso y ellos hicieron un buen trabajo", dijo.

A pesar de su abrazo de la comunidad transgénero, la madre de Coffey no aprobaba que su hija fuera lesbiana.

“I thought she would just be like, 'It's fine, be you.' That's what she always told me. That I should always grow up being me. As soon as I told her who I was, she was like, 'Oh, no. I want children. I want the wedding. You can't live that way. I want the husband.' It was very different.”

"Pensé que sería sólo como, 'Está bien, usted sea.' Eso es lo que ella siempre me decía. Que siempre debería crecer hasta ser yo. Tan pronto como le dije quién era yo, ella era como, 'Oh, no. Me gustaría tener nietos. Quiero una boda. No se puede vivir de esa manera. Quiero un marido. Es muy diferente ".

Coffey said she went through a period of time where she thought “maybe she's right.”

“And I knew. And then, I came out. I was like, 'Look, love me. Don't love me. This is who I am. It doesn't change me.'”

Coffey dijo que ella pasó por un período de tiempo en el que pensaba "tal vez tiene razón."

"Y yo lo sabía. Y entonces, salí. Yo estaba como, 'Mira, me encantaría. No me ames. Esto es lo que soy. No me cambie. '"

    

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario