viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012

Tabatha Coffey: A Cut Above the Rest (jan 11, 2010)

A few days ago I had the unbelievable opportunity to chat with Tabatha Coffey, one of TV's most fabulous females and the star of "Tabatha's Salon Takeover." Long story short, the outspoken Aussie is amazing! I've been a fan of hers ever since the first season of "Shear Genius," and having the chance to talk with her about her past, present, and future was a true treat.

Hace unos días tuve la increíble oportunidad de charlar con Tabatha Coffey, una de las mujeres más fabulosas de TV y la estrella de "Adquisición Salón de Tabatha." Larga historia corta, el activista australiano es increíble! He sido un fan de ella desde la primera temporada de "Shear Genius", y tener la oportunidad de hablar con ella acerca de su pasado, presente, y el futuro era un verdadero placer.


Don't forget to tune in to the season finale of "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" on Tuesday, January 12 at 10 p.m. on Bravo to see the high priestess of hair tame a sassy manager, train a snippy stylist, and attempt to rescue a failing salon in Illinois!

No te olvides de sintonizar con el final de temporada de "Adquisición Salón Tabatha de" el martes, 12 de enero a las 10 pm en Bravo para ver la alta sacerdotisa de pelo domar a un gestor atrevido, insolente entrenar a un estilista, y el intento de rescatar a una falla salón de belleza en Illinois!

What initially excited you about hair?

"I don't remember a defining moment. I just always remember loving hair. I was the typical kid that played with her Barbie's hair and kind of chopped it off and did things with it. I was always fascinated. My parents owned clubs when I was young, and they had dancers in their clubs, and I would sit backstage and watch them pin curl wigs and set wigs, and they taught me how to pin curl and put hot rollers in wigs. And I just always had this fascination for hair."

Lo que en principio usted entusiasmados con el pelo?

"No recuerdo un momento decisivo. Acabo de recordar siempre el pelo de amor. Yo era el típico niño que jugaba con el pelo de su Barbie y el tipo de picadas que fuera y hacía las cosas con él. Siempre me sentí fascinado. Mis padres eran propietarios de los clubes cuando yo era joven, y tenían los bailarines en sus clubes, y yo me sentaba detrás del escenario y verlos pin rizo pelucas y pelucas conjunto, y me enseñaron cómo fijar rizos y poner rulos calientes en pelucas. y yo siempre tuve la fascinación por las cabello. "

When, then, did you know that you wanted a career in hair?
"Again, I don't think there was a defining moment. When I was 14, I started hairdressing, and I told my mother that I wanted to be a hairdresser. And that's when I started working in a salon. I actually worked in a salon for a year for free, and obviously I couldn't do very much, but I cleaned and would observe people and help however I could in the salon, and just totally fell in love with it. I've been hairdressing ever since."

¿Cuándo, entonces, ¿sabía usted que quería una carrera en el pelo?

"Una vez más, no creo que hubo un momento decisivo. Cuando tenía 14 años, empecé a peluquería, y le dije a mi madre que quería ser peluquera. Y fue entonces cuando empecé a trabajar en un salón de belleza. En realidad, trabajó en un salón de belleza por un año de forma gratuita, y obviamente yo no podía hacer mucho, pero he limpiado y que observar a la gente y ayudar a que pude sin embargo en el salón, y sólo totalmente enamorado de ella. he sido la peluquería desde que ".


How did your move to London as a teenager affect you as a stylist?
"It was huge. I mean London was kind of the Mecca of hairdressing at the time, and all the famous-name hairdressers and training academies were there. For me, I moved to London because I wanted to advance my career, and I wanted to retrain and learn more, and London seemed the place to do that for a hairdresser at the time, and that's what I did."

¿Cómo fue su traslado a Londres cuando era un adolescente afecta a usted como un estilista?

"Era enorme. Me refiero a Londres, era una especie de meca de la peluquería en ese momento, y todos los peluqueros famosos de renombre y las academias de entrenamiento estaban allí. Para mí, me mudé a Londres porque quería avanzar en mi carrera, y quería que me volver a entrenar y aprender más, y Londres parecía el lugar para hacerlo que en una peluquería en el momento, y eso es lo que hice. "

Did you luck out? Were you in the right place at the right time?
"I don't know if it's luck. I have always worked very hard, and I have always demanded a lot of myself, and I always want to better myself. At that time, London was definitely the place to give me more experience and more training within the hairdressing field."

¿Te suerte a cabo? ¿Estabas en el lugar correcto en el momento adecuado?

"Yo no sé si es suerte. Siempre he trabajado muy duro, y yo siempre hemos exigido mucho de mí, y yo siempre quiero mejorar mi persona. En ese momento, Londres fue sin duda el lugar que me diera más experiencia y más formación en el campo de la peluquería. "

What finally propelled you to start your own business, Industrie Hair Gurus?

"I owned a salon for eight years, and I was education director for another salon and training all of their staff, and they had a very extensive staff, and it was great. And I just decided that there were always things I wanted to change, and I wished that I had the power and the authority to change certain things. Opening my own salon was the only way that I could really fulfill all the needs that I wanted to give to a client, and all the things that I wanted to do as a stylist."

 Lo que finalmente impulsó a comenzar su propio negocio, Gurus Industrie pelo?

"Yo tenía un salón durante ocho años, y yo era director de educación de otro salón y la formación de todo su personal, y que contaba con una plantilla muy amplia, y fue genial. Y decidí que siempre había cosas que quería cambiar , y me hubiera gustado que me tenía el poder y la autoridad para cambiar ciertas cosas. Abrir mi propio salón de belleza era la única manera de que realmente podía satisfacer todas las necesidades que quería dar a un cliente, y todas las cosas que quería hacer como estilista. "

Why did you decide to open your salon in Ridgewood, New Jersey, as opposed to perhaps New York City or Los Angeles?

"At the time it was just right for me. I was working in New Jersey already. I had a clientele in New Jersey. So it was the obvious place to open a salon."

¿Por qué decidió abrir su salón en Ridgewood, Nueva Jersey, a diferencia de la ciudad de Nueva York tal vez o Los Ángeles?

"En el momento en que fue justo para mí. Estaba trabajando en Nueva Jersey ya. Tenía una clientela en Nueva Jersey. Así que era el lugar obvio para abrir un salón de belleza."

Have you ever considered opening a salon in LA?

"Absolutely. I never rule any opportunity out, because then I think it just makes you close-minded to business altogether, and as a business owner you can't do that. So I would love to expand, and I would love to have a salon in LA. I actually would love a training academy, and that's something that I'm thinking about ... actually being able to do more education and more training for hairdressers out there."

¿Has pensado en abrir un salón en Los Ángeles?

"Por supuesto. Nunca descartar ninguna posibilidad, porque entonces creo que te hace la mente cerrada a los negocios en conjunto, y como propietario de un negocio que usted no puede hacer eso. Así que me encantaría a expandirse, y me encantaría tener un salón de belleza en Los Angeles. de hecho, me encantaría una academia de entrenamiento, y eso es algo que estoy pensando ... en realidad ser capaz de hacer más educación y más capacitación para los peluqueros que hay. "

How do you differ from other high-profile stylists?

"I've been an educator for ... well, probably close to 12, 14 years now, and it's something that I really love. I really enjoy working with other hairdressers, teaching other hairdressers and expanding their knowledge, and while I'm working with hairdressers I find that I learn a lot as well. So the education portion is probably what does make me a little bit different and what I love about my career."

¿Cómo se diferencian de otros de alto perfil estilistas?

"He sido educadora por ... bueno, probablemente cerca de 12 a 14 años, y es algo que realmente me gusta. Me gusta mucho trabajar con otros peluqueros, enseñando a otros peluqueros y ampliar sus conocimientos, y" mientras yo Estoy trabajando con peluquería me parece que he aprendido mucho también. así que la parte de la educación es probablemente lo que me hace un poco diferente y lo que me gusta de mi carrera ".

Before we get to "Takeover," I can't not ask about "Shear Genius." I was a huge fan. You were robbed during the first season. Does that loss still sting, or do you feel that you triumphed in the long run?

"Thank you! You know what ... I think things turn out for a reason. I had a bad day when I was eliminated on 'Shear Genius.' It was a bad day for me, and I wasn't happy about it. obviously. America saw I wasn't happy about it at the time. [Laughs] But everything does work out for a reason, and I wish everyone else well. We all have our career paths."

Antes de llegar a la "toma de posesión", no puedo dejar de preguntar sobre "Shear Genius". Yo era un gran fan. Usted fue robado durante la primera temporada. ¿Eso pérdida todavía pican, o siente que triunfó en el largo plazo?

"¡Gracias! ¿Sabes qué ... Creo que las cosas van por una razón. Tuve un mal día, cuando fue eliminado en" Shear Genius ". Fue un mal día para mí, y yo no estaba feliz por eso. Obviamente. América vio que no estaba contento con eso en ese momento. [Risas] Pero todo se resuelve por una razón, y me gustaría que todos los demás también . todos tenemos nuestras carreras ".

Your fans, including myself, are dying to know if you're going to be making an appearance on Season 3 of "Shear Genius."

"Yes, I am. I will be making a guest appearance. I'm one of the judges on one of the episodes."

Will you please put Jonathan [Antin] in his place? That would make my dreams come true.

"That is good TV right there!"

 Sus fans, incluido yo mismo, se mueren por saber si usted va a hacer una aparición en la temporada 3 de "Shear Genius".

"Sí, lo soy. Voy a hacer una aparición especial. Soy uno de los jueces en uno de los episodios".

Haga el favor de poner Jonathan [Antin] en su lugar? Eso haría que mis sueños se hagan realidad.

"Esa es una buena televisión justo ahí!"

In addition to "Shear Genius," we've seen you on "Make Me a Supermodel," "Tyra," and "The Biggest Loser." Do you enjoy these appearances?

"I actually love all of them. I love the appearances, and I love the fact that every show I've been on has been different, which is really fun for me. I have a real soft spot for 'Biggest Loser.' I absolutely adore it. I love working on that show and working on the contestants and doing their makeovers. It's always incredibly inspirational to me."

Además de "Shear Genius", que hemos visto en "Make Me a Supermodel", "Tyra", y "The Biggest Loser". ¿Disfruta de estas apariciones?

"De hecho, me encanta todo de ellos. Me encantan las apariencias, y me encanta el hecho de que cada espectáculo que he estado ha sido diferente, que es muy divertido para mí. Tengo un punto real de debilidad por" Biggest Loser ". Absolutamente me encanta. Me encanta trabajar en ese programa y trabajando en los concursantes y hacer sus cambios de imagen. Siempre es muy inspirador para mí. "

OK, let's talk "Takeover." When Bravo initially contacted you to do your own series, was it nerve-racking? Was it exciting?

"When 'Shear Genius' finished, I actually got a phone call from Bravo, and they asked me if I would go in and meet with them in their offices in New York, and I did. And they asked me how I felt about doing my own show for them. I was floored. It's not what I expected at all from the meeting. I didn't actually even know why I was having a meeting, and I was thrilled. I was beyond thrilled."

OK, vamos a hablar "Takeover". Cuando Bravo inicialmente en contacto con usted para hacer su propia serie, era exasperante? Fue emocionante?

"Cuando 'Shear Genius" terminado, en realidad recibió una llamada telefónica de Bravo, y me preguntó si me gustaría ir y reunirse con ellos en sus oficinas en Nueva York, y lo hice. Y me preguntó cómo me sentía acerca de hacer mi propio show para ellos. me quedé anonadado. no es lo que esperaba en absoluto de la reunión. yo en realidad no sé por qué ni siquiera yo estaba teniendo una reunión, y yo estaba encantado. me emocionó más allá ".

Can you talk a little bit about the casting? How do you find willing participants?

"The salons actually nominate themselves. Sometimes it's the business owner that nominates himself, sometimes it's the stylist that nominates the salon, and then we kind of go from there."

¿Puedes hablar un poco sobre el casting? ¿Cómo encontrar participantes dispuestos?

"Los salones en realidad nominarse a sí mismos. A veces es el dueño del negocio que se nombra, a veces es el estilista que designa al salón, y entonces que tipo de ir de allí."

Over the course of the past two seasons, we've seen at least seven LA area salons featured on your show. Is there a reason for that? Are LA-based salons really that bad?

"[Laughs] A lot of people actually just applied from LA. You know, the thing that I loved about Season 2 is the fact that we did travel more, and you actually saw different parts of the country, and I think that was really -- it was really exciting for me -- and, I also think it's really exciting for the viewers."

En el transcurso de las dos últimas temporadas, hemos visto al menos siete salones área de Los Ángeles ofrece en su show. ¿Hay alguna razón para ello? Están basados ​​en los salones de LA-realmente tan malo?

"[Risas] Un montón de gente realmente aplicadas desde Los Ángeles. ¿Sabes lo que me encantó de Season 2 es el hecho de que viajamos más, y se veía a diferentes partes del país, y creo que eso fue muy - fue realmente emocionante para mí - y, yo también creo que es muy emocionante para los espectadores ".

 

This season, the owner of Silverlake's Refuge Salon drove me, and I think you, bonkers. Was she the most frustrating person to work with this year?

"No, not necessarily. I mean, Marion was frustrating to me because she didn;t necessarily want to listen, but I feel like in the end she really did realize that she needed to grow up and needed to pay attention to her business. So I feel that although she was a little frustrating in the beginning, and she wouldn't listen to me and she kind of made fun of me, in the end she really did have an epiphany and started to come around."

 Esta temporada, el propietario de Salon Refugio de Silverlake me llevó, y me crees, loco. ¿Era la persona más frustrante para trabajar con este año?

. "No, no me refiero necesariamente, Marion fue frustrante para mí porque ella dejase me paré necesariamente quiere escuchar, pero creo que al final se dan cuenta de que realmente tenía que crecer y era necesario prestar atención a su negocio. Así que siento que aunque era un poco frustrante al principio, y ella no me escuchaba y que tipo de se burlaban de mí, al final ella realmente tenía una epifanía y comenzó a entrar en razón. "

Can you talk a little bit about the owner of Miami's Brownes & Co.? Was she aggravating? She clearly didn't appreciate anything that you did for her or her business.

"Yeah, it was disappointing. I really tried my best. It was disappointing for me that it didn't kind of ... it didn't seem to matter what way I tackled any situation with her within her business. She didn't seem to want to take responsibility for me, and I felt really disappointed because I really wanted to help the staff. So when I went back and found that everything was back to normal and how it was when I first got there, I felt really disappointed for them. I wasn't able to turn it around for them and change the situation."

¿Puedes hablar un poco sobre el propietario de Brownes Miami & Co.? ¿Estaba agravando? Estaba claro que no le gustaba nada de lo que has hecho por ella o su negocio.

"Sí, fue decepcionante. Realmente lo mejor que pude. Fue decepcionante para mí que no lo hizo un poco ... no parecía importar qué forma abordé cualquier situación con ella dentro de su negocio. Ella no 't parecen querer asumir la responsabilidad para mí, y me sentí muy decepcionado porque tenía muchas ganas de ayudar al personal. Así que cuando volví y encontré que todo había vuelto a la normalidad y como era cuando llegué allí, me sentí muy decepcionado por ellos. yo no era capaz de darle la vuelta por ellos y cambiar la situación ".

Excuse my language, but do you ever get tired of being called a bitch? Do you own it? How do you feel about the word?

"I think people use the word 'bitch' because I'm a strong, assertive woman, and they don't know what else to call me. If I wasn't a woman, I don't think people would call me a bitch. I think it's a shame that when there is a woman that is strong and doesn't mind speaking her mind there is no other word that can be used except for 'bitch.' But I do own it because I have my own definition of what a bitch is. It's brave, intelligent, talented, creative, and honest. And I am all those things, so I guess I am a bitch."

 Disculpen mi lenguaje, pero ¿alguna vez se cansa de ser llamado puta? No le pertenece? ¿Cómo te sientes acerca de la palabra?

"Creo que la gente utiliza" perra "la palabra porque soy una mujer fuerte, asertivo, y no sé qué otra cosa que me llame. Si yo no fuera una mujer, no creo que la gente me llame perra. Creo que es una vergüenza que cuando hay una mujer que es fuerte y no le importa decir lo que piensa que no hay otra palabra que se puede utilizar a excepción de 'puta'. Pero sí lo tienen, porque tengo mi propia definición de lo que es una puta. Es valiente, inteligente, talentoso, creativo y honesto. Y yo soy todas esas cosas, así que supongo que soy una puta. "

I know you visit the salons six weeks after the initial makeover, but do you really keep in touch with the participants?

"Oh, sure I do. I swear. I had a phone call from one of the owners this morning. I have had e-mails and phone calls from the guys at Chicago Male. I've been in contact with the people from Eclectic Salon. I'm in contact with a lot of the people from Season 1 and from Season 2, and it's great because I really want to help them. I really want their businesses to do well, so I love it when I get feedback from them, and I hear that they're doing well. It's great when they check in with me. I love it."

Sé que visitar los salones de seis semanas después del cambio de imagen inicial, pero ¿realmente mantenerse en contacto con los participantes?

"Oh, claro que sí. Te lo juro. Recibí una llamada telefónica de uno de los dueños de esta mañana. He tenido los e-mails y llamadas telefónicas de los chicos de Chicago Male. He estado en contacto con la gente de Eclectic Salon. estoy en contacto con muchas de las personas de la Temporada 1 y de Temporada 2, y es genial porque realmente quiero ayudar. realmente quieren que sus negocios para hacerlo bien, así que me encanta cuando me da la retroalimentación de ellos, y he oído que lo están haciendo bien. es muy bueno cuando se registran conmigo. me encanta. "

You're obviously a master stylist and educator, but are you interested in interior design?

"Absolutely. Am I a trained interior designer? Absolutely not. Do I know what works in a hairdressing salon? Sure I do, because I basically live in one. [Laughs] So, you know, if you ask me to come into your house and design it, I would have a heart attack. That is so not my thing, but when it comes to the flow of a salon, certain colors work and certain colors aren't very good for showing hair color. But, yes, I'm really interested in it and interested in the makeover portion that we do in the show."

Obviamente eres un estilista maestro y educador, pero ¿está interesado en el diseño de interiores?

"Por supuesto. Soy un diseñador de interiores capacitado Absolutamente no?. ¿Sé lo que funciona en un salón de peluquería? Claro que sí, porque, básicamente, viven en uno. [Risas] Así que, ya sabes, si me pides que entre en tu casa y el diseño, yo tendría un ataque al corazón. Eso no es lo mío, pero cuando se trata de la corriente de un salón, el trabajo y ciertos colores determinados colores no son muy buenos para mostrar el color del cabello. pero, sí, estoy realmente interesado en él e interesados ​​en el cambio de imagen de la parte que lo hacemos en el show. "

You're brutally honest with the show's participants. Does it ever get uncomfortable?

"I'm not uncomfortable. I want to help them. I know it sounds redundant when I keep saying it, but it's the truth, and I'm doing a disservice to them and to their businesses if I'm not honest about it. Look, if a stylist needs to take a step back because they were put behind a chair too early, it's not to demote them or to hurt their career; it's actually to help their career so that they get a little more education so that they're comfortable doing clients' hair, and it's setting them up for success, not failure."

Usted es brutalmente honesto con los participantes del programa. ¿Alguna vez se sienten incómodos?

"No me siento incómodo. Quiero ayudarlos. Sé que suena redundante cuando yo seguiré diciendo, pero es la verdad, y estoy haciendo un flaco favor a ellos ya sus negocios si no soy honesto al respecto . Mira, si un estilista tiene que dar un paso atrás, ya que se pusieron detrás de una silla demasiado pronto, no es para degradar o hacer daño a su carrera, en realidad es para ayudar a su carrera para que puedan obtener la educación un poco más para que se siente cómodo haciendo clientes cabello, ¡y les preparando para el éxito, no el fracaso ".

What about the crying?

"You know, the crying thing ... I feel bad that people cry, yet, you know what, not really. People react that way because they don't know how to respond to things. I don't believe that you break down and start crying at work. I believe that you're there to learn and you're there to do your work. If you're having a bad day, then you deal with that outside and out of your clients' and out of your work colleagues' faces."

¿Qué pasa con el llanto?

"Ya sabes, lo de llorar ... Me siento mal que la gente llorar, pero, ¿sabes qué, la gente en realidad no. Reaccionar de esa manera porque no saben cómo responder a las cosas., No creo que se rompe hacia abajo y comenzar a llorar en el trabajo. creo que usted está allí para aprender y usted está allí para hacer su trabajo. Si usted está teniendo un mal día, entonces usted se ocupa de que fuera y fuera de sus clientes y de las caras de sus compañeros de trabajo '".



Time for a few random questions. I went to the Los Angeles premiere of the Chris Rock documentary "Good Hair" and I was wondering if you had seen it.

"I sure have. I had a huge conversation about it today with a client."

 Tiempo para una serie de preguntas al azar unos cuantos. Fui al estreno en Los Angeles de Chris Rock documental "Good Hair" y me preguntaba si lo había visto.

"Claro que tenemos. Tuve una conversación enorme de ello hoy con un cliente."

Well, after I saw the film, I became entranced by the magnitude of hair shows. Are they really that insane?

"Yeah, hair shows are huge. I actually said today that I want to go to that [hair show in the film] and judge it. I have never been. I've been to a similar hair show in Chicago that's targeted to African-American hairdressers and clients. Look, hair shows are amazing. I'm doing one at the end of the month in Long Beach, [California], and it's relatively small in hair show terms, but Orlando, Chicago, and Vegas, which are some of the biggest shows, can get a hundred thousand people in a weekend. Hairdressers travel from all over to go to these shows, and it's truly insane. For anyone that's never experienced a hair show, it's the most amazing, electrifying feeling."

Bueno, después de ver la película, se deslumbraron por la magnitud de los espectáculos de pelo. ¿Son realmente tan loco?

"Sí, espectáculos de pelo son enormes. Hecho, me dijo hoy que quiero ir a ese [show de pelo en la película] y juzgarlo. Nunca he sido. He estado en un show de pelo similar en Chicago, que está dirigido a África -estadounidenses peluqueros y clientes. Mira, espectáculos de pelo son increíbles. estoy haciendo una al final del mes en Long Beach, [California], y es relativamente pequeño en términos Hair Show, pero que Orlando, Chicago y las Vegas, son algunos de los más grandes shows, puede llegar a cien mil personas en un fin de semana. Peluquerías viajan de todas partes para ir a estos espectáculos, y es realmente una locura. para cualquier persona que nunca ha experimentado un espectáculo de pelo, que es lo más increíble, sensación electrizante. "
 
Tell me about your current cut and color, your signature look

"I have really, really crappy hair. I have baby fine hair. It's really, really straight, and it just isn't good hair, so it looks much better on me shorter than longer. It just works much better, which is why I wear it short, and I'm naturally fair. I'm obviously not this blonde, but I'm naturally really fair anyway, and I like it really blonde. You know, I guess it has become a signature look. My haircut just works, so it's a little boring. It tweaks a little bit -- a little shorter and longer every now and then -- but it's just easy."

 Hábleme de su corte de corriente y el color, su mirada de la firma.

"Tengo el pelo muy, muy cutre. Tengo el pelo fino como de bebé. Es muy, muy recta, y eso no es buen pelo, por lo que se ve mucho mejor en mí más corto que largo. Simplemente funciona mucho mejor, por lo que me pongo en breve, y estoy naturalmente justo. yo no soy obviamente esta rubia, pero estoy naturalmente muy justo de todos modos, y me gusta lo que realmente rubio. sabes, creo que se ha convertido en un look único. Mi corte de pelo simplemente funciona, así que es un poco aburrido se pellizca un poco -. un poco más corto y más largo de vez en cuando - pero es sólo fácil ".

Do you ever think about becoming a brunette?

"I toy with the idea every now and then, like all women out there. I made a phone call to my best friend a couple of months ago and said, 'I think I'm going to go brown.' And he basically freaked out across the phone and told me that I was a moron and not to even contemplate it. You know what, look, I like being blonde. I think it suits me. Would I change at some point? Sure. Do I have a plan to? Not at the moment."

¿Alguna vez piensas acerca de convertirse en una morena?

"Yo jugar con la idea de vez en cuando, como todas las mujeres que hay. Me hizo una llamada telefónica a mi mejor amigo hace un par de meses atrás y dijo:" Creo que voy a ir a marrón. Y, básicamente, se asustó por el teléfono y me dijo que yo era un idiota y no para siquiera considerar. ¿Sabes qué, mira, me gusta ser rubia. Creo que me conviene. ¿Me cambiará en algún momento? Claro. ¿Es tengo un plan para no? en este momento. "

Why are you always dressed in black?

"Black is kind of a hairdressers' color, and part of the reason is because it does look professional and it makes everyone look kind of pulled together and part of a team. And the other reason that hairdressers wear black is because it doesn't detract from the client. It doesn't take away or clash with the client. It becomes about the client. We kind of neutralize ourselves out."

¿Por qué siempre vestida de negro?

"Negro es una especie de color de peluquería, y parte de la razón se debe a que tiene un aspecto profesional y hace que todo el mundo amable mirada de recompuso y parte de un equipo. Y la otra razón que los peluqueros vestir de negro se debe a que no se detrimento del cliente. Esto no quita o entrar en conflicto con el cliente. Se hace sobre el cliente. Es como que neutralizar a nosotros mismos fuera ".

Can you talk at all about any trends for 2010 whether it comes to styles or cutting techniques?

"For women, there's definitely much more movement in the hair. For a long time everyone just kept wearing stick straight, and there's definitely more of a tousled kind of feel, whether it be a natural wave or set in wave so hair has a little bit more movement, a little bit more volume, and a little bit more texture to it, which is nice. You know for women there are a lot of hair accessories that are around at the moment that people will see for spring that are really big. Little clips and hair bands and things like that are kind of interesting. They can be age-appropriate for many different ages. It's kind of a fun way to dress up a style. And for guys, there's a lot of rocker-y hair, which is nice. It's a little bit lived in and a little bit textured, but has a little bit of a rocker, looser feel, not quite as structured, which is what a lot of the European models have been wearing."


¿Se puede hablar en absoluto sobre las tendencias para el año 2010 si se trata de estilos o técnicas de corte?

"Para las mujeres, no hay movimiento sin duda mucho más en el pelo. Durante un tiempo todo el mundo a largo seguía llevando palo recto, y definitivamente hay más de un tipo despeinado de la sensación, ya sea una onda natural o conjunto en la onda para que el cabello tiene un poco poco más de movimiento, volumen un poco más, y un poco más textura a la misma, lo cual es bueno. ya sabes que las mujeres hay una gran cantidad de accesorios para el cabello que están a su alrededor en el momento en que la gente verá que para la primavera son muy grandes . pequeños clips y bandas para el cabello y cosas por el estilo son bastante interesante. pueden ser apropiados para la edad de diferentes edades. es una especie de una manera divertida para vestir a un estilo. y para los chicos, hay un montón de pelo rocker-y , que es agradable. es un poco habitado y textura un poco, pero tiene un poco de un rockero, más suelto sensación, no es tan estructurado, que es lo que muchos de los modelos europeos han estado usando. "

Do you have any desire to comment on Kate Gosselin's new 'do for 2010?

"I saw that she had extensions in her hair. It is different. I guess it looks better. I don't know if I love it, but I guess it looks better. It sure as hell looks better than what she had before!"

¿Tiene algún deseo de comentar sobre la nueva Kate Gosselin "hacer para el 2010?

"Vi que tenía extensiones en el pelo. Esto es diferente. Creo que se ve mejor. No sé si me gusta, pero creo que se ve mejor. Es seguro que se ve mejor que lo que tenía antes! "

Have you ever worked on any of your fellow Bravo stars from the "Real Housewives" of Jersey or New York?

"[Laughs] I love that question! No!"

¿Ha trabajado alguna vez en cualquiera de sus compañeros de las estrellas Bravo "Real Housewives" de Jersey o Nueva York?

"[Risas] Me encanta esa pregunta! ¡No!"

Are there any celebrities that you would love to get your hands on? Is there somebody you would love to style?

"There are a lot ... probably a lot that I think already look great and who have a great head of hair that I would love to play with. Denise Richards is one; I think she has fantastic hair. I wouldn't mind getting my hands in it and maybe updating it a little bit. I think Taylor Swift's hair looks nice at the moment and could be kind of pushed out a little bit more to make it look a little fresher as well."

¿Hay alguna celebridad que le encantaría tener en sus manos? ¿Hay alguien que le encantaría estilo?

"Hay mucho ... probablemente mucho que creo que ya ven muy bien y que tienen una gran cabeza de pelo que me encantaría jugar con Denise Richards es uno;. Creo que ella tiene el pelo fantástico, no me importaría. conseguir mis manos en ella y tal vez actualizando un poco. Creo pelo Taylor Swift se ve bien en este momento y podría ser un poco empujado un poco más para que se vea un poco más fresco también. "

How much is too much to pay for a haircut? What about products?

"Look, I think there are things that are applicable to every price range, depending on what you're comfortable paying. I think the biggest thing is happiness. And I don't think anyone minds paying for anything as long as they feel that they're getting something that makes them look great, works, lives up to its promise, and makes them really happy. I think a lot of women are dissatisfied with their hair and with the products they're using because they haven't been guided properly and they don't know what they're doing, and they feel like they're paying too much. And it's not because it's necessarily the money, it's just that they're not happy with the outcome."

¿Cuánto es demasiado para pagar por un corte de pelo? ¿Qué pasa con los productos?

"Mira, creo que hay cosas que son aplicables a cualquier rango de precio, dependiendo de lo que usted se sienta cómodo pagar. Creo que lo más importante es la felicidad. Y no creo que nadie mentes pagar por cualquier cosa, siempre y cuando sienten que que van a obtener algo que hace que se vean bien, trabaja, hace honor a su promesa, y los hace realmente feliz. Creo que muchas de las mujeres están insatisfechas con su pelo y con los productos que están usando porque no han sido guiado correctamente y que no saben lo que están haciendo, y ellos sienten que están pagando demasiado. y no es porque sea necesariamente el dinero, es sólo que no están contentos con el resultado ".

OK, well that pretty much wraps everything up. I honestly can't thank you enough for the chat. I really, really appreciate it.

"You're welcome! Thanks for talking to me. It was fun."

OK, así que envuelve casi todo. Honestamente, no puedo agradecerles lo suficiente por el chat. Yo realmente, realmente lo aprecio.

"No hay de qué! Gracias por hablar conmigo. Fue muy divertido."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario